|# of UARTs||6|
|Processor Type||STM32 H7|
The RADIX 2 is the latest generation flight controller by BrainFPV. It is the successor of the legendary RADIX flight controller and everything has been vastly improved. From a blazing fast H7 processor running at 480 MHz, an improved graphical OSD, a built-in voltage regulator that can handle up to 8S (35 V), to 8 motor outputs, driverless flashing, and more.
The RADIX 2 is designed to be compatible with any 4-in-1 motor controller (ESC) on the market. For octocopters, you can use the included 5-pin cable to connect a second 4-in-1 ESC for motors 5 to 8. All outputs fully support bi-directional DSHOT that enables the motor controllers to send back real-time telemetry that is used by the flight controller to perform adaptive RPM based noise filtering.
If you prefer to use a separate ESC for each motor, the companion product, the RADIX 2 Power Board (PB) got you covered. It is designed for serious power and can handle up to 8S (35 V) battery voltage and 160 A constant current (220 A burst). It also features an LC filter and voltage regulator for clean power to the flight controller and connected peripherals.
RADIX 2 Flight Controller Features
- New Processor: STM32 H7 processor running at 480 MHz with 1 MB RAM
- New Gyro: New Bosch Sensortec BMI270 gyro / accelerometer delivering superior flight performance
- New Baro: Latest generation Bosch Sensortec BMP388 barometer accurate altitude readings
- Better OSD: Improved full graphical on-screen-display (OSD) with gray levels and transparency
- Dual camera input: Camera can be switched using a switch on the RC transmitter
- VTX pit switch: to turn on/off the video transmitter. Voltage for VTX can be 5 V or the battery voltage. Switch has an integrated high-speed resettable fuse to prevent damage due to accidental shorts
- 32 MByte built-in flash memory: 30 MByte available for logging and settings storage
- Driverless flashing with the BrainFPV USB mass storage bootloader. Simply copy the firmware file to the flight controller when connected to your computer. No more messing with DFU drivers
- RGB status LED with customizable color
- 8 motor outputs: all supporting bi-directional DSHOT for RPM filtering. All outputs are available on connectors for easy connection of one or two 4-in-1 motor controllers (ESC’s).
- 6 serial ports (UARTs): all with integrated inverters for S-BUS and other inverted protocols
- I2C port for external sensors
- RGB LED output
- Buzzer output
- Camera control output for configuring analog cameras
- Analog RSSI input
- 5 V regulator with 1.5 A output and up to 8S (35 V) input voltage
- USB Type-C connector
- Size: 37 x 37 mm (30.5 mm hole spacing)
- Weight: 7g
- Firmware support: Betaflight, iNav planned
RADIX 2 Power Board Features
- Plug-and-play with RADIX 2 flight controller using included 10-pin cable
- Up to 8S (35 V) battery voltage support
- Designed to handle 160 A (220 A burst) total current to motors
- Integrated current sensor (current scale: 100, 10 mV / A)
- Integrated LC filter for clean power to flight controller
- Integrated 5 V / 2 A voltage regulator. Can be switched to 10 V for powering a camera or a digital FPV system
- Size: 49 x 49 mm (30.5 mm hole spacing)
- Weight: 15g
Fast Shipping and in stock.